I recorded Messy Jessy in 2001. It’s a collection of country songs that were mostly inspired by fights I had with my husband, who luckily is a good sport about such things.It was produced by Charlton Pettus, engineered and mixed by Jon Smith, mastered by Danny Kadar and recorded at Spa Studio in New York City. All the songs were written by me and arranged by Charlton Pettus. John Grabof played the pedal steel, Nashville guitar, nylon string guitar, electric guitar and the mandolin. Charlton Pettus played the wurlitzer, acoustic guitar and piano. George Rush played bass. And Marc Boquist played drums. And the photograph was taken by my husband, Chris Flugmacher.
Listen to a sample: Marriage Has Cured Me Of Lonliness.
- You Can’t Be Mad At The Dead, or How Loss Gave Me A New Perspective
- Conversation With My Mother
- Thinking about my mother….
- Episode 322 of Me Talking To Dead People (or, perhaps me having another psychotic episode :) )
- Missing my Mother
- Filling the Urn Necklace
- On the Spectrum of Insanity